Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My favourite work of art


This is a wonderful work of art from Edouard Manet, named “Le Dejeuner sur l’herbe” and it’s in Paris at the Orsay museum. In English it means “the lunch on the grass”. I like it very very much. I don’t remember exactly when I first saw it, but when I started loving it, was when me and my classmates went to France for the studies trip for three weeks on February 2006.
I think it’s very beautiful and interesting, it’s unique. The look of the naked woman has an incredible effect on the person that is seen it. Just like if she could actually sees you, werever you move, she still looking. And the contrast between the dreassed men and the woman, also calls one atention.

Anyway, I think it’s gorgeus.

1 comment:

Juan Luzzi said...

I enojoyed reading your post, Daniela. It sounds very fluent and natural. Except for some minor mistakes, it's well written and your ideas are neatly expressed. Notice this:
My classmates and I (active subject) / the person that is SEEING or LOOKING AT it / Just AS if she could actually SEE you ( LIKE is used for comparing and AS IF for unreal situations (the fact is that she can't see you)/ She'S still looking .../ It catches YOUR attention is more common than ONE's attention.
If you have any doubt, don't hesitate to ask me.
Good job!
JL